Saturday, November 22, 2008

Latest news, good and bad

yes, it has been a while since I posted anything here. I've had friends contacting me asking if I was OK, which I am but things have been a bit hectic to say the least and a lot has happened in the last few weeks!

The good news:
Our family will welcome a new member in May 2009 as I am now 4 months pregnant! We went for the first scan at the hospital on 30th October, and Baby K was 6cm long and seemed very active in there, I think (s)he has already taken on cycling!
I have been suffering from morning sickness a bit, and been a bit tired, which is very frustrating for me as I am quite active and like doing stuff all the time, and I find it difficult to rest.
So, back when we found out we were pregnant I was told to avoid stress, which leads me to the other piece of news.


The bad news:
I received a letter on 24th October telling me I was going to be made redundant. Great timing to find a new job when you're pregnant! So I have been extremely busy sending CVs, letters, having phone interviews, and attending face-to-face interviews, sometimes over 100miles away from home! This has been quite tiring and stressful, but I must say in all modesty that I have been doing very well at interviews.

The good news:
So well indeed that a company made the decision to give me the job within 48h of interviewing me! This company was also the only one whom I had told I was pregnant, so it is really positive. I have not accepted their offer yet as another company seems very interested in hiring me too, so I will try to obtain some more information on both and see which one would work better for me. Both know I am pregnant. Job A would involve me working from home + travelling, job B would involve me walking 10min to the office + travelling, so they would both be very convenient. I have a slight preference and so does Trave, but I am keeping this for myself until I have a signed contract in my hand. And possibly something even better will turn up by then, who knows? I have another 4 interviews next week.

So, let's hope I have a job very soon...

3 comments:

felinity said...

Brilliant job news, congratulations! Let us know how it goes! x

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll make a great Mum. You might have to find alternate transport to cycling for the latter stages of pregnancy, however.

Well done on getting job offers so soon - I knew you'd be fine.

green clementine said...

Thanks Matt!

I've replaced my 25min cycling in the morning by 45 min walking, mostly because I don't really need to cycle anywhere at the moment. But I want to keep my energy levels and get out of the house for another purpose than job interviews! I'm really looking forward to start working again.

Hope your new job is going well. I'm sure it is a great place to work.