Thursday, June 28, 2007

More garden pictures

Trave is supposed to keep you up-to-date with the garden, but his posts are far from being regular, so here you are.

Generally speaking, things are doing well. We feared for the apple tree after an aphid attack but it seems to have recovered by now.

Leeks:
We have grown them from seeds and they are looking pretty healthy! I cannot wait for them to be ready (still a few months to go though!).


Courgettes:
We have grown 2 plants from seeds, and 2 were supplied already grown in pots by Trave's parents. Both look good (our own stuff even slightly better if I dare say!).


Tomatoes:
Only one of our own-grown cherry tomatoes (from seed) actually worked. Three cherry tomato tumblers in pots and four normal size tomato plants were supplied by Trave's parents.
This one is our own:
Parsley:
Not grown from seed but is growing well in the border. Fresh parsley is really nice!


Thyme:
We came back from Glastonbury and one of the thyme was in full bloom. A bright pink which looks very pretty.

The one I am growing from seed is doing much better than I expected.


Rosemary:
I have honestly not noticed any difference since I planted the two plants.

Sage:
The sage was in the garden already so no merit at all. It looks nice.

Lavender:
We have three different types of lavender on borders at the moment, and I am growing another one from seed. They are all of a different generation and of different colours, varying from very light pink to dark purple. I love the scent.

Lemon balm:
I bought some lemon balm (and geraniums, bianca and bright pink) to keep mosquitoes away from the patio during our summer barbecues. That is, if we see the sun ever again after weeks of deluge. They are doing very well and look very cute.

Honeysuckle:
The bushes were here already but I love honeysuckle so much they deserved being mentioned. It is lovely sitting in the garden by a light breeze and you can smell the delicate fragrance of honeysuckle. I love it!

No comments: