Sunday, October 28, 2007

A day in London

It is such a great feeling not to have to study!

We went to see Ratatouille at the cinema and I really enjoyed it! It is entertaining and makes a good point about food.

On Thursday, we took the train to London as I had appointments at the General Consulate to register our marriage with the French Authorities and apply for a new passport. I applied for a new ID card at the same time, as I realised last week that it had ran out of date.

We bought a bite from Paul's. It was the best sandwich I had in years, literally. I had a 'Méditerranéen': artichokes, red peppers, basil, mozzarella, salad, olive oil in an olive ciabatta bread. Trave had a sesame white baguette with brie and lettuce, and found his equally good. It is a bit pricey, but hey, anything would be expensive in South Kensington so you may as well eat something nice :D

Between the two appointments we walked to Hyde Park, wandered for a bit, and after the second appointments, we went to the Science Museum (which was entirely free), before taking an evening train back home.

A very nice day! I should have my new passport within 4 weeks.

No comments: