Sunday, February 03, 2008

Mixed grill


We went to The Basement on my birthday a few weeks ago. One of the best restaurants in town I think. As a starter I had the "Seared Halloumi with roasted cherry tomatoes and pesto dressing". It was absolutely gorgeous!

This gave me the idea of doing my own grilled halloumi dishes and we had this for lunch last Sunday. It was delicious!

Served 2:

250g halloumi, sliced
1 courgette, thickly sliced
100g mushrooms, cut in halves
4 plum tomatoes, cut in halves
1 red pepper, cut into chunks
Extra virgin olive oil
mixed Italian herbs
black pepper
mixed leaves

1. Mix the olive oil, herbs and black pepper together (add garlic and lemon juice if you with. I love marinades with lemon juice but Trave does not). Add the vegetables, mix well and leave aside for an hour. Prepare the salad in the meantime.

2. Place the halloumi and vegetables onto a grill (we have an electric grilling machine) until they are golden brown. Serve immediately with a salad.

No comments: