Sunday, October 05, 2008

Moscow

I went to Moscow for work a few weeks back. Only for a few days, I did not have much time to visit as I had several meetings outside of the city during a trade fair, but I managed to spend a couple of hours down town and see Red Square and the outside walls of the Kremlin. Both very impressive.

I was also impressed with the Metro, which is sparkling clean and has trains running every 2 minutes.

Being in a car was a bit of an experience: if I had paid attention I could have learned a few swear words that the taxi drivers was constantly shouting at other road users. Being a pedestrian and trying to cross the road is not an easy task either...

Shame I did not have more time to see more and be able to get a feeling for the place. I would love to go again.

I have also enrolled in a Russian evening class, where I go every Thursday night. I almost took on Russian as an optional extra at university, but decided for Spanish instead. As I may need this language for work, I have decided to give it a try!

Brick wall surrounding the Kremlin and separating the Kremlin from Red Square, with the Lenin mausoleum on the left-hand side of the tower in the middle

State Historical Museum, on Red Square

St Basil Cathedral, Red Square

Department Store, Red Square

No comments: