Saturday, September 30, 2006

Chocolate éclairs and Paris-Brest

On the subject of chocolate éclairs I would like to add that one of my favorite gateaux is the "Paris-Brest", named after the famous bicycle race.

"Paris-Brest is a ring-shaped pastry, filled with cream and sprinkled with almonds and powdered sugar. It was created in 1891 by a Parisian pastry cook whose pâtisserie was situated along the route of the bicycle race from Paris to Brest. His idea was to bake his éclairs in the shape of bicycle wheels in honor of all the cyclists. Great marketing idea! This race was a precursor to the Tour de France which was started in 1903." http://frenchfood.about.com/library/weekly/aa070402a.htm

And now a picture of the gateau!

This makes me really hungry... Even if I have just made myself a big glass of red berries, banana and yoghurt smoothie. I have not tasted this gateau for... dunno... not far from 10 years!

Maybe I should make one.

I don't know how good the recipe of the above-mentioned website is. If somebody tries it, please let me know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

alors j'ai juste compris que tu parlais du paris brest!!! miam miam miam!!!!!!!!

green clementine said...

As-tu regardé la video de Tetris avec les carrés de chocolat?

Et nos photos de vacances ?(dans les archives d'aout)

Bon courage pour cette année !