Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Back from Munich

Where shall I start? the past few weeks have been really, really busy. The exhibition was great. Incredible atmosphere and I met so many new people. One of them was a chimney sweeper: I had never met a chimney sweeper before! Have you? In seven days, half a million people visited the show, thankfully not all visited our stand, or we would have been short of staff and beverages! We had nice evenings too. Personally, I enjoyed more walking through the city than dinner itself: no offense but Bavarian cuisine is not my favourite. The good thing was, we went there right in the middle of the "Spargelzeit" (asparagus season) so as a veggie, as long as you don't mind eating asparagus with boiled potatoes and sauce Hollandaise, you're alright.

I love this city. Loads of space for pedestrians and cyclists. And... I don't know, this German je-ne-sais-quoi which gives me this immense feeling of regret whenever I have to leave this country. I left on Mayday and there were many families taking their bicycles on the S-Bahn to the nearest village and from the train window one could see all these people cycling peacefully among the fields, only 10 minutes away from Munich city centre without taking the car. and many other things. I love this country. The longer I stay there the more difficult it is to leave it.

Anyway... enough of this! I have some recipes to post:

- Mexican chilli pie
- Vegetable stir-fry with bulghur
- Yummy leeks & carrot quiche

+ update on our seeds!

In other news, as I have finished my management course and until I start the exam revision programme in August, I have started a "teach yourself Dutch in 3 months" book. I don't expect to be fluent in three-month time but if I could just be able to have a short conversation with my Flemish customers at the exhibition I am going to in September in Kortrijk, I would be very pleased! Let's hope I am not over ambitious. After all, there is a wedding to prepare...!

No comments: