Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Wildlife on my way to work

Since we have moved (7 weeks ago) I take a different route to cycle to work. I take the countryside road. Just as busy with car traffic, but nicer views. I found it even spooky a couple of times when we had very thick fog and mist, particularly cycling through Offchurch.

In the past week, I have heard a wide range of birds and have seen the following animals: a rabbit, a badger, birds, a pheasant, and a fox! I must admit that a few had been hit by motorists, but surely this means there are more out there? So I think positive and believe that dead animals on the road show that the species is still alive, hidden in the bushes.

I also see animals in farming fields (this is less nice): horses, cows, sheep, lambs, goats. There is also a smelly poultry farm passed the canal, yuk yuk!

I am really struggling this week on the bike. Maybe to do with not cycling for more than a week whilst in Munich. Dunno. I hope I'll get fit and energised again very soon.

No comments: