Sunday, March 30, 2008

Apricot and chocolate pastries



I had a little puff pastry in the freezer probably leftover from a pie I made a couple of months ago, and I decided to make something with it at last. I was too small to make a pie so I made these little pastries. They are very easy to make and absolutely gorgeous, especially when fresh out from the oven!

Makes ~16 pastries

~ 200g puff pastry
~ 100g semi-dried apricots, chopped
~ 50g dark chocolate, chopped
Apricot jam

1. Roll out the pastry onto a floured surface and cut 5 cm diameter circles.

2. Spread each circle with a little jam, add a few apricots bits, as well as chocolate drops.



3. Close and seal the circle with a little water and a fork. Brush with the beaten egg.


4. Place in a 180C pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes.

1 comment:

Simone said...

Those are adorable and they look delicious. Great use of the dough. Thanks.