Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A day at home

Most people are back to work today in the UK after the Easter break, but the company I work for are open on Good Friday but closed the Tuesday following Easter.

I have been doing a bit of spring cleaning this morning, but then stopped because my knee is still painful from falling off my bike last Thursday on my way home. (the chain came of half-way up a hill, my shoes stuck to the pedals, so I fell with the bike and most of the bike's weight, my panniers', and my own were supported by my left knee, ouch!)

In any case, after cleaning the kitchen I decided to take a gentle walk into town in time to have lunch with Trave who is working today. I had an antipasti dish which was delicious. Then Trave went back to work and I went to the CD shop and found three CDs I really wanted:

- Toumani Diabaté, The Mandé Variations
Toumani Diabaté is a kora player from Mali. (not to say the greatest current kora player)
He will be performing at WOMAD this summer, and I will be there!

- Orchestra Baobab, Made in Dakar
We went to see Orchestra Baobab live a few months ago: this band from Senegal was just amazing! Also performing at WOMAD this year, lucky us!

- Manu Chao, La Radiolina
I am a big fan of Manu Chao, from the Mano Negra days of my youth until now with his solo career.
Sadly not at WOMAD, hopefully in the UK some day!

No comments: