Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Pictures from Rhubarb Rhubarb

We do not quite have Internet access yet, but somebody in the area has not secured his/her wireless network, so... (I feel a tiny little bit guilty about using it)

So here are a few pictures to give you an idea of the place (not our new house, but the restaurant Rhubarb Rhubarb we went to to celebrate our home-owning).




I like the idea of using old sewing machines as tables. Not the first time I see this, but I like it! I also really like the music they play there (world/jazzy).

We did not have any starters because we were hoping to have some room left for a pudding! As a main course, we both had wild mushroom lasagne with a white wine creamy sauce, as well as a rocket salad and Parmesan shavings as a side dish. It was delicious! I had forgotten to take a picture so this is what was left in the plate:


Then as a dessert, Trave had a Tarte Tatin, which looked delicious and (he let me have a spoonful) was yummy! I tried the lemon and thyme creme brulee: I love both ingredients and creme brulee so I thought it sounded like a great combination. The taste was fantastic, but I expected a creme brulee to be warm: surely cremes brulees ought to be warm, right? So a slight disappointment there, but I must admit the caramel crust was just perfect. Altogether still a great meal and a very nice evening.


No comments: