Monday, April 16, 2007

Spring time

I have done a bit of gardening at the weekend. Growing things from seeds is completely new to me so I don't know how well the plants will do. We have two borders and a patch in our garden. Border No. 1 will have some lavender (if it grows!) and for border No. 2, I have sowed thyme, coriander, and radishes. I have also sowed basil which I will grow in pots, and French beans, cherry tomatoes and wild rocket.



I am desperate to plant rosemary but I could not find any seed.

Trave is doing courgettes, early purple sprouting broccoli and something else which I forgot about.

I had a lot to carry on the trailer behind my bicycle! Shelves, 25L seed compost, a hose, all the seeds and various tools which we needed...

Here is our apple tree:



I really hope we can reap something. I looked at the mini-pots this morning which we have left on the windowsill: still no leaves coming out! Maybe this gardening thing will teach me to be more patient?

No comments: