Friday, May 23, 2008

Race for Life 2008


As mentioned before, I took part in the Race for Life event last weekend. It was fun. Mostly due to the fact that we cycled 30 miles (50km) in order for me to walk 3 miles (5km)!! I say 'walk' because the girls I was taking part with were not too keen on running, so I gently strolled along with them. It is a "women only" event, that's why we were wearing pink T-shirts. That's why EVERYBODY was wearing a pink T-shirt.


Trave accepted to come with me. I convinced him by saying he could sit in the pub during the race and I'll meet him for lunch later. It turned out that there was a beer festival at the race course itself!!! Even better, because the official days of the festival were Friday and Saturday only, the beer was free on Sunday: FREE BEER!!! Well, there was an honesty box, and the collections would go to the local hospice, so if you felt generous, it wasn't entirely free. There were actually 3 good reasons to drink beer:

1. It was free
2. Donations would help the local hospice
3. If not drunk, the beer would be poured down the drain, which creates watercourse pollution

We did our best... knowing that we still had a 15 mile (30km) ride ahead of us!

After the race we went into the centre of Stratford-upon-Avon for a lunch inside the oldest pub in town. After which we wanted to walk along the river but due to the refurbishment of the Shakespeare theatre, there was really nowhere to go and it was a bit cold, so we cycled home.

No comments: