Monday, May 12, 2008

Last weekend

Summer has finally arrived! Let's hope it stays with us for a while. Plants, trees and young vegetables look fantastic in our garden. I will post about them soon.

We had an amazing 30.8C measured by our weather station at 3pm on Sunday!!! (the sensor is in the shade all day, facing North)So, too warm to make bakes and quiches: we had a late evening barbecue instead, with potatoes, leeks, carrots, and smoked tofu cooked in papillote (I had parboiled all the veg beforehand). I thawed a little box of red wine sauce which I had made and put in the freezer some time ago, and the result was really good!

For pudding we had some raspberry pavolva icecream with fresh raspberries. I did not make the icecream myself, sadly.
There won't be much cooking going on next week as I will be in Kielce, Poland, from tomorrow until Friday.

No comments: