Monday, November 20, 2006

Crazy horse

I took a day off today: I have studied for a while and left the flat early afternoon as I had a routine appointment at the dentist. To his regret and my joy, there is nothing wrong with the health of my teeth, so I won't see him again for a year, hurrah! (who likes going to the dentist???)

On my way there, I saw a couple who were jogging down the road... and pushing a pram with a baby inside! They were clearly jogging, not running because they were late or anything.

As I walked past a street on the way home this afternoon, I suddenly felt a massive shadow on my left and I really jumped and even screamed! Then I looked on my left, to understand the reason of my fear, and I realised that there, right in front of me, was "The White Horse" pub... and under the porch in the hallway, there is a life-size sculpture of a horse... Silly horse... scaring me... I am sure this is great entertainment for drinkers inside to stare at the window and spot the scared pedestrians.

Now it's Monday night and our next-door neighbour is giving singing lessons. Doing warm-ups and arpeggios at the moment.

No comments: