Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Tofu stir-fry

I felt lazy and tired yesterday evening so instead of making a bake, we opted for a stir-fry.

Nothing special but satisfying, especially with the weather we are having right now. We had a very dry winter and sudddenly, comes May and it has not stopped raining! I guess it is good news for farmers and garderners. We have not planted anything out yet. We were waiting for the "holy frost" ("Saints de Glace") to be over. According to my grandparents, this was 11th, 12th and 13th May so I guess we will be planting next weekend. By the way, after checking things on Google, I don't think that "holy frost" is a good translation, since most links are related to Batman, for a reason unknown to me.


Going back to my stir-fry, this is what you will need to feed four people:

800g potatoes, diced and parboiled
2 leeks, sliced
4 tomatoes, cut into chunks
250g smoked tofu, diced
herbs and seasoning

Fry the leeks until softening, then add the potatoes and tofu. Add the tomatoes, herbs and seasoning. When all vegetables are cooked, it is ready to be served!

No comments: