Monday, July 23, 2007

Paneer and spinach curry

I normally do not really like spinach, but we bought these baby spinach leaves recently and they were truly delicious. So much that I decided to make something else with baby leaf spinach/ This time, it was a curry. I bought a ready-made sauce I confess, but I have to spend time studying (Dutch, but also starting revisions for my management course exam which will take place in October). We also have 2 evenings a week spent on cycle rides which involve something quick to cook on these days.


Paneer and spinach curry for two:

250g paneer, diced (Indian cheese)
500g baby leaf spinach
200g basmati rice
your favourite curry sauce

1. Fry the diced paneer in groundnut oil until golden, then add the spinach leaves
2. Meanwhile, boil the basmati rice.
3. When the paneer and spinach are cooked, add the curry sauce
4. Serve in warm bowls.

No comments: