Thursday, November 08, 2007

The garden is ready for winter

I have sawn, chopped, and dug all Saturday last week. (Trave did the big root at the bottom of the garden. I had killed my back cutting all the trunk and branches)

So, here are the 'before' pictures:


I have cleared the back of the shed so that we can plant raspberries next spring. I have chopped the old honeysuckle. I love honeysuckle but this tree was quite old and did not produce many flowers. I will most certainly replace it. And I also cut a tree whose leaves looked like nettles and was not very attractive, taking space and blocking the sunlight.

Now we have a good part of the patio covered with branches and roots, waiting to be taken to the tip, as we are the only neighbourhood in town without green wheelie bins.

The garden wildlife defensers will not be too impressed with me chopping trees, but it is our garden and we wanted raspberries. (ok. I wanted raspberries, but Trave likes them too!)

Here is the garden 5 or 6 hours later:



Now, our garden is almost ready for winter. We still need to trim the hedges and prune the apple tree, in order to get more of and bigger pixie apples next year!

No comments: