Sunday, June 01, 2008

Dinky? Binky? Thingy?

Whilst I was making some cashew nut biscuits this morning, I heard Trave saying from the living room: "There's a dog in our garden!" I looked up through the window and indeed, there WAS a dog in our garden!

I went out, tried to chase him out of our lawn, but the poor thing just sat down and looked up at me with his sad-looking eyes... He had a collar, but no name tag or anything like that. I went back to the house, took a photo with the intention of knocking on the neighbours' doors, asking if anyone had lost a dog. As far as I knew, none of our immediate neighbours had dogs. But then we heard a voice from the other side of the hedge calling for 'Binky'/'Dinky'. Trave suggested that they give us the dog's leash over the fence and we would walk her home (I think it was a girl). When the dog saw the leash, it was so happy! I returned the dog, who was cared for by the neighbours for a couple of days while a friend of theirs was away.

Chatouille's reaction was not too bad. She did more or less what she does when confronted to other cats, that is: following them. (We think that it is her way to try to make friends. We have so far no proof of the success or lack of success of this particular technique. Who knows? It might work well for cats!)

The dog escaped to our garden again later on in the day. I took it home by hooking a bicycle 'bungee'/elastic band, onto its collar.

Still not sure what the dog's name is: Dinky? Binky?

No comments: