Monday, January 07, 2008

Spicy carrot traybake


This is the first time I make this cake and it is really nice. I must admit I served it to colleagues before even tasting it myself! However, having just had a piece, I can reassure you that it tastes lovely. It is also very moist, even though I cut it 24h ago.

Makes 24 pieces

Ingredients

275g self-raising flour
350g caster sugar
2 tsp baking powder
75g mixed nuts, chopped
3 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp ground ginger
300ml sunflower oil
275g carrots, grated
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence

Topping:
400g loft-fat soft cheese
4 tsp clear honey
2 tsp lemon juice
Mixed chopped nuts to sprinkle

1. Preheat the oven 180 degrees. Grease a 30 x 23 cm roasting tin.

2. Mix all the dry ingredients into a bowl. Add the carrots, oil, eggs (one at a time) and vanilla. Mix well and pour into the tin.

3. Bake for 50-60min.

4. Leave to cool down completely.

5. To make the topping, mix the soft cheese, honey and lemon juice and spread over the cake. Sprinkle with the nuts. Cut into squares.

1 comment:

green clementine said...

I would like to add that this cake is truly delicious and stays very moist for several days.

You can keep it in the fridge in a closed container and it will remain delicious and fresh.

A must try!