Thursday, January 25, 2007

Chain reaction

BA have cancelled all their flights from Heathrow next Tuesday and Wednesday. And ticket prices with Austrian Airlines have doubled if not sold out. So I have had to cancel my trip to Vienna (business).

So I had to cancel the car rental agreement, since I needed a car to go to the airport. And this means I won't be able to go to a workmate's 40th birthday celebration which takes place 10 miles from where I live. I cannot really cycle there on a Friday night in the middle of winter and the last train coming back is at 9.30 pm... So no birthday party for me. :(

BA cabin crew are going on strike because they disagree with the new sickpay policy. The company has reduced the sickpay allowances apparently. I sympathise with workers when they have a good argument to fight for, but when I heard that on average each BA cabin crew worker claims 22 days off per year, I just think this is totally wrong. Why should I support this?

I am sorry to see again that because of some abusing the system, people who are really ill and who really need the allowance will suffer from the new measures. 22 days a year...

No comments: