Saturday, January 20, 2007

German curling in Vienna

The reason for my absence was that our customer in Vienna had requested a technical training for all their mechanics Some 20 mechanics from all over Austria came to the headoffice in Vienna for a week long training, and Wednesday was 'our' day. I flew with a workcolleague who has a technical background, which was quite helpful at times!

The evening beforehand, we went out for a couple of games of 'Eisstockschiessen', which I just discovered is called 'German Culing'. We did the training & curling last year as well, but with -16°C... This year was just slightly below zero so it was comfortable. German curling is really fun. The equivalent to bowling I guess. Except you're outside on the icerink.

And the following picture shows my pride after my perfect shot. I swear I did not cheat and I really got the Stock to stop where it did. And our team won (not thanks to me despite this wonderful shot) so we did not have to pay for the dinner afterwards!

No comments: