Monday, January 01, 2007

Sandwich ideas

Unlike most of my workmates (if not all), I do not eat sandwiches at lunchtime. Mostly because I find sandwiches boring. I like the sorts I make, but not so much I would eat them everyday. Here are a few ideas:

Cheese and mustard:
Tried for the first time 2 weeks ago from an airport sandwich shop. Actually very nice!
Spread the bread with a thin layer of mustard and fill with your favourite cheese and lettuce.

Cream cheese and chilli peppers:
Tried for the first time a week ago from a petrol station sandwich shop. Amazing the culinery discoveries you can make whilst travelling...
Mix 300g of cream cheese with chopped red and green hot chilli peppers & parsley.

Celery, carrot and tofu:
Grate equal quantities of carrot, celery sticks and firm tofu. Add some yoghurt or mayonnaise or a mixture of both. Season with salt and pepper.

I am willing to try any sandwich recipe you may recommend. I love roast veg and mozzarella ciabatta but not really the fastest sandwich you can make at home, is it?

No comments: