Friday, October 13, 2006

Blood donation

I went to my regular blood donation yesterday. And it did not go too well. The donation itself was fine: I felt OK and it did not hurt at all. But when I sat at the table to have a drink to recover, I felt faint, possibly due to the fact that I could see a few drops of blood through the plaster. So I suddenly fainted and it took me ages to recover.

Because I did not feel great we decided to walk home rather than cycle. Trave left his bike at work in the town centre and pushed mine all the way home. We were almost there but I felt weak again.

Once we got home, I started bleeding quite badly, fainted again... It took hours for the blood to really stop bleeding.

I gave blood before 6pm and the wound/needle hole was still not sealed up at 11pm. I also had a very bad night, having nightmares about dripping blood and threatening needles. And I feel really tired this morning. Luckily, I finish 2 hours earlier on Fridays.

No cycling to work for me this morning. I called a workmate yesterday night and asked him to give me a lift this morning.

In any case I am glad that this was not my first donation, or I don't think I would have given blood again.

Hope I will feel better next time!

I DON'T WANT TO PUT ANYBODY OFF. GIVING BLOOD SAVES LIVES AND IS VERY IMPORTANT.

DO SOMETHING AMAZING TODAY: GIVE BLOOD!

No comments: