Sunday, March 18, 2007

Fennel seed biscuits

Believe me or not, as I was starting to reconsider jogging, it started to snow! It has been almost 20 degrees all last week (had 2 lunches outside on a sunny terrasse wearing short sleeve shirt in Salzburg), and as I think of going out, it starts snowing...

This gave me an excellent excuse to stay in and try these biscuits. They are not the ones I had in mind earlier on but I am trying these for the first time too. They are quite surprising in taste, and if you like fennel seeds like me, delicious!

Based on Cléa's recipe! (Her photo looks much better. Actually, ALL her photos are fantastic!)

200g flour
50g freshly ground almonds
80g demerara sugar
1 tsp vanilla powder or extract
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 egg, beaten
40g milk
40g extra virgin olive oil

1. Mix together the flour, almond, sugar, vanilla and fennel seeds. Make a well and pour in the beaten egg, milk and olive oil.

2. Make a dough and roll it into a big sausage shape.

3. Place in the freezer for 30-40 minutes.

4. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees.

5. Cut the sausage into thin slices (5mm) and place on a baking tray.

6. Bake for 13 minutes.

Why not try this with a cup of fennel tea?


Pour la version francaise, allez donc faire un tour chez Cléa !

No comments: