Thursday, March 22, 2007

Just an omelette

As we will start moving in the next few days, I have made the inventory of what was in the fridge-freezer.

Fridge:
yoghurts, margarine cheese, eggs, bay leaves, milk, fruit juice, 1 btle sweet wine white (Xmas present from my brother. We are just waiting to make a great cake to drink it with!) and 1 btle Champagne (was given to us & has been in the fridge for 3 years. I much prefer wine)

Freezer:
icecubes, vanilla flavour Cornish icecream, peas, spinach, pinapple, summer fruit and chard.

So although I am not a big fan of eggs, I made an omelette with some cheese, all the spinach that was left, and Italian herbs. We had planned to eat the peas as well but I completely forgot to cook them! We had the last yoghurts as a dessert.

Here is a picture of the omelette:


I guess I will make some fruit juice/smoothie with the frozen fruit. I am not worried about the icecream, that should go down quite well.

We get the keys to our house tomorrow. We are planning to take our inflatable mattress over there and stay overnight.

Also, Trave is taking us out to Rhubarb Rhubarb, one of my favourite places to eat out.

Reviews on Rhubarb Rhubarb:

Vegout

The Zone

This place used to be an antique/gift/copper pot shop with a tiny vegetarian/vegan café at the back. Now it is a restaurant but has kept its Victorian look. Quite an odd place but the food is fantastic, and they play world music.

The other restaurant I like is The Basement. Good food (sometimes better than others. Not vegetarian focused but there is always a vegetarian option), jazzy atmosphere. We have not been there for more than 3 years though. We should check it out again some day.

Looking forward to Rhubarb Rhubar tomorrow!

1 comment:

urban vegan said...

Well how was Rhubarb, Rhubarb? I am old enough to recognize the Monkees reference.

I'll eventually post my rasp-lemon cheeseckae recipe, but here's another one to tide you over (scroll down):
http://urbanvegan.blogspot.com/2006/09/im-just-wild-about-saffron.html