Friday, December 08, 2006

Back from Brussels

Just back from Brussels. Was fun. Especially driving in a city which has not discovered the use of road signs yet. Also, I was foolish enough not to take a map with me. Ask the locals from central Brussels where the ring road or the motorway heading South is, they tell you "turn right on the car park exit". I honestly could not get more information than that! All this considered, I think I did pretty well. At no time I got lost, I just could have arrived quicker at destination. The town looked really nice at this time of the year. I am glad I had time to see some of it, even if only at night. The Grand' Place had a laser & sound show, ending with Xmas carrols and bubble machines for the snow effect. And mulled wine can be purchased from wooden huts which warms you up nicely.

Nice to be back home though!

No comments: