Friday, August 04, 2006

Burnham-on-Sea

Wednesday 26th and Friday 28th we went to the beach in Burnham-on-Sea. It took about 30 min with our bikes and was a nice ride, especially the last 2 miles along the sea.
There were many kids on the beach, some of them somewhat unskilled for animal spotting, as they kept shouting "bloody pigeons" at the seagulls...
Oh, and... I got interviewed by a journalist from BBC Bristol! They were asking tourists if the plan to build a windfarm in Burnham would scare them off. My answer was: should I be more scared of a few windmills or of the nuclear power plant which fumes we can see from the beach? I said I was more bothered about the plant and by all the traffic and car parks occupying all the space along the beach. Apparently, this particular nuclear power station is leaking... and so did its previous version, and guess what? they want to build a third one as well!!!
We stopped at a shop on our way back and bought all the necessary to have a BBQ that evening. It took a while for it to start but we really enjoyed it.
We listened to BBC Bristol Breakfast programme the following morning but did not hear my interview :'(

No comments: