Sunday, September 24, 2006

Potato and Rice Curry

I must say that I am far from being a curry fan but every now and then I try a recipe and most of the time they are quite good! At least for me who is no expert in the field :-)

And I found this one delicious:


This quantity will be enough for 4 people.

Boil some new potatoes (with their skin, it tastes so much nicer) and some basmati rice. And this is what you need for the sauce:

Ingredients:

3 TBSP mild/medium curry paste
2 onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
3-4 TBSP water

150ml Greek style yoghurt
100ml double cream
Fresh mint or coriander


1) Process curry paste + onions + garlic + water in a food processor.

2) Heat 3 TBSP veg oil in a pan. Add the curry mixture and heat through.

3) Gradually add yoghurt & cream and heat through. Add the mint/coriander to taste.


Mix sauce with the potatoes and serve with the rice. You can try this with any veg you like.

No comments: